Customers of Mangalore Airport include federal and state government departments (Department of Civil Aviation, Department of Defence, Department of Sustainability and Environment), the CFA and commercial organisations.
The airport has:
- modern navigation facilities
- international-standard airport lighting (pilot-activated using PAL)
- two asphalt runways: northeast-southwest (05/23) 2027 metres in length, and the recently resurfaced north-south (18/36) 1461 metres in length
- fueling (Jet A1 and AVGAS)
- hangars and storage
- an approved development plan for future expansion.
As an advanced aviation training centre, Mangalore Airport is the base for Moorabbin Flight Training Academy (MFTA). The integrated training facilities include a purpose-built learning centre with classrooms, briefing rooms, a dispatch centre and offices as well as:
- an examination centre for CASA theory exams (run by Assessment Services P/L)
- fibre-optic LAN to network the students, learning centre and administration
- provisions for advanced flight simulators
- four-star accommodation for students
- commercial kitchen and dining room
- recreation amenities including a tennis court and swimming pool
Training and examination rooms are available for third-party hire.